Search for atmospheres
Underground Library Working Room
Taylor Institution Basement
You're sat in a cold, dingy basement; the Slavonic Basement of the Taylor Institution Library, Oxford, England. Four desks face forward, towards an archway flanked by bookshelves filled, inexplicably, with books in Welsh. The ceiling is barrelled, but it does little to make up for the overbright strip lights. A blue door behind you leads out into a grey alcove filled with shovels and cigarette butts, and beyond it, you can hear the sounds of Broad Street, along which the ambulances race, and the delighted cries of children enjoying themselves as they make their way to the Ashmolean Museum. The door is locked, and you wonder whether it is a metaphor. Will you ever escape this academic hell?
Comments for "Taylor Institution Basement"
License details for "Taylor Institution Basement"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Page Turning by DrMaysta from http://freesound.org +)
- Ambulance Siren by Happy Sounds from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnqFY8tyfAGVe93Ri_A9bMg +)
- footsteps by kingloki +)
- Air Conditioner (Soft) by myothermuse *)
- Traffic on a Wet Road by sdfalk on freesound.org +)
- Water Trickle by www.zapsplat.com +)
*) Soundsnap.com license