Search for atmospheres
Like a forest, but wetter
You live in a cabin in a swamp. The air is damp and smells of earth. When the sun starts to dip and the stuffiness fades, the swamp seems to come to life. Insects begin their songs, the creek trickles and burbles like it's some language you haven't learned but you wish you understood, and frogs seem to croak from every shadow. High above, the crows call out to each other across the treetops.
You sit in the rickety old rocking chair on your porch. Sometimes you like to sit out here and read, write, play a banjo or drink your tea.
But tonight, you just sit, and you watch as the fireflies make their appearance. You let their dance lull you until your eyes drift closed. You just listen.
You are nothing to the swamp. You are nothing to the earth. You are just another creature, part of the ecosystem, in balance with the land. Just one insect in an orchestra of crickets.
For some reason, this is the thought that gives you peace.
Comments for "Swamp creek"
License details for "Swamp creek"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- River by Adam_N from http://freesound.org +)
- Cicadas by cognito perceptu from https://freesound.org +)
- 3 water frogs by daveincamas from http://freesound.org +)
- Trickle by FractalStudios from http://freesound.org +)
- easter toads by Joe Coffey *)
- Creek & Peeping Frogs by kvgarlic of freesound.org +)
- Crows in a forest by Luftrum from http://freesound.org +)
- Crickets at the Garden by Rantz +)
*) Soundsnap.com license