Search for atmospheres
A spatial audio representation of the poem "Sunset" by E.E. Cummings.
Sunset - E.E. Cummings
Great carnal mountains crouching in the cloud
That marrieth the young earth with a ring,
Yet still its thoughts builds heavenward, whence spring
Wee villages of vapor, sunset-proud.—
And to the meanest door hastes one pure-browed
White-fingered star, a little, childish thing,
The busy needle of her light to bring,
And stitch, and stitch, upon the dead day’s shroud.
Poises the sun upon his west, a spark
Superlative,—and dives beneath the world;
From the day’s fillets Night shakes out her locks;
List! One pure trembling drop of cadence purled—
“Summer!”—a meek thrush whispers to the dark.
Hark! the cold ripple sneering on the rocks!
Comments for "Sunset - E.E. Cummings"
License details for "Sunset - E.E. Cummings"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- forest_wind_summer by Don't know +)
- wolfhowl by freesound +)
- Owl Hoot by Inchadney of the Freesound Project +)
- Jeremy Soule - Peaceful Waters by Jeremy Soule +)
- June Mountain Morning by morwydd +)
- Crackling Fire by sagetyrtle from http://freesound.org +)
- Gurgling brook by Sara Oglesbee +)
- Crickets ambience by www.soundsnap.com *)
*) Soundsnap.com license