Search for atmospheres
We're traveling for HOW long?
When King Henry, Eighth to bear that good and noble name, left London on Progress, it was truly a sight to behold! Courtiers, servants, soldiers, all journeyed with His Majesty as he traversed the country, showing off his kingly personage and meeting with his people.
Those with wealth or luck make the journey by horseback or in carriage; those without, go on foot. The trek to Scarborough takes 40 long days, with multiple stops along the way. From your position in this great Progress, the sounds of footsteps and hoof beats blend together into a steady drone. Occasionally, when the wind carries their voices, you can hear His Majesty's Royal Guard calling orders.
Comments for "Royal Progress"
License details for "Royal Progress"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Horses walking together by arnaud coutancier at freesound.org +)
- Stable Sounds by Goodlistener from http://freesound.org +)
- Carriage horse jingle by j_o_j of freesound.org +)
- Summer field dusk by kvgarlic from http://www.freesound.org +)
- Small Crowd Outside by s9ames +)
- Overland With Oxen by Tabletop Audio +)
- Cough2 by Vinicius +)
- Medieval Army Marching & Chant by Yap Audio Productions *)
*) Soundsnap.com license