Search for atmospheres
Pearl Reading Room at Calliope Athenaeum
Pearl Reading Room
Here, follow me: down Camelia Avenue, past the leering gargoyles, up the grand stairs, and into the Pearl Reading Room. There's a storm brewing outside, but the fire is cozy and you have tea, blankets, and a warm slice of cinnamon cake. The North, East, and South walls are lined with books while, to the West, the floor-to-wall window is glazed with rain. This is a special place: Everyone here is working on something, but there's no rush or worry. Don't forget to admire the candles and fresh flowers at every table, the marbled floor and classic gilding, and-- best of all-- the ceiling: a mural of ethereal sky. You have all the time in the world to complete your important task.
Comments for "Pearl Reading Room"
License details for "Pearl Reading Room"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Winter wind whistling window by audible-edge +)
- stiring in a cup by By Mariusz Jasionowicz - RareSound Production - www.raresound.co.uk +)
- Writing with a quill by DarkDeej +)
- Footsteps on Wooden Floor by ftpalad from http://freesound.org +)
- Weather by Nick Turner, Watercolour Music +)
- fireplace by soundsnap.com *)
- page flip by www.soundsnap.com *)
- grandfather clock ticking by Zermoth at https://www.freesound.org/people/Zermonth/sounds/116636/ +)
*) Soundsnap.com license