Search for atmospheres
Take Notes on the Dissection, You Could Be On There One Day.
Operating Theatre of the 1800s
It's the late 1800s- you can't really remember the year right now as you open the door to the noise and bustle of a slowly-filling operating theatre. You take your seat, relatively close to the front. At last the operation begins, and soon carts are rolling in and out of the room to supply the surgeons in front of you with whatever they need. A grandfather clock documents the time in the background. You and a few other spectators take avid notes, jotting down the slightest of details between glances up at the operation table. The surgeon occasionally saws at a bone before grabbing new supplies from a cart and dismissing it. Just watching this is both thrilling, yet vaguely haunting to you.
This ambient is also a gift for my friend Sofia, also known as Steamboatts on Instagram, as an ambient for her story Slaughterhouse.
Comments for "Operating Theatre of the 1800s"
License details for "Operating Theatre of the 1800s"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- bed sheet by *)
- hacksaw_1 by abcopen from freesound.org +)
- 1840s Grandfather Clock by daveincamas from http://www.freesound.org/people/daveincamas/sounds/27077/ +)
- fountain pen by Desiree +)
- Bad Cough by http://www.freesfx.co.uk/ +)
- hospital by Mariiao2 at http://freesound.org/people/mariiao2/sounds/240676/ +)
- Chatting by plusminuszero from http://freesound.org +)
- Rolling Cart by yottasound from freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license