Search for atmospheres
City of Rivers Market Canal
A place filled with bright flags and lanterns, were people sway back in forth in their small rafts and canoes. Canal-vendors leaning out across the water to hand off tightly wrapped goods and exchange lien and coin.
The water is constantly being pushed forward, cycled through the city with rusted over generators. It's the only thing that moves forward, but in the end, its pulled back as well.
You're small boat lurches, you're stuck between canoes and waiting for the way to clear. You've already shopped for the day and your belongings are tucked neatly beneath a plastic tarp- for it never truly stops raining.
There is shouting, and people cursing and shoving their wading sticks into the water to move to the side of the canal.
Everyone watches with both curiosity and scorn, as someone standing aboard a sturdy wooden board paddles their way in the opposite direction of the crowd. They wear a shawl and hood and stand perfectly balanced atop their board. Never swaying, never lurching.
When they pass, you hesitate to look at them. No one is looking at them any longer. Already forgotten, they paddle on, with a single gold and red buoy drifitng behind.
Comments for "City of Rivers Market Canal"
License details for "City of Rivers Market Canal"
Creative Commons Sampling Plus 1.0 License.
List of audio files used:
- Splashing Water by BLASTWAVE FX *)
- Wooden Wind Chimes by By Jppi_stu - www.freesound.org +)
- Bamboo Chimes ¥ by Crpdeth +)
- Curtains in Breeze by freesound.org +)
- Windchimes by Preston Stegall +)
- rowing by sinewave1kHz from freesound.org +)
- Woodstock Earth Chimes by Woodstock Chimes from http://chimes.com +)
- City Din by XRT from http://freesound.org +)
*) Soundsnap.com license